Friday, August 31, 2007
10 ways DNA can ruin your life
10. You could get a mutation in your DNA from sun damage, smoking, or just plain living.
9. You inherited faulty DNA (disease-causing gene).
8. Your DNA matches the DNA found at a crime scene.
7. The prosecution withheld DNA test results from your defense attorneys.
6. Your DNA didn’t match the DNA of the person who you thought was your parent.
5. The results from your Y-DNA genealogy test showed that you were missing the DSY464 marker which means you’re infertile and…your daughter is not your daughter.
4. The wrong person’s DNA was found in your husband’s underwear.
3. You donated sperm anonymously but your offspring tracked you down anyway using genealogy DNA testing.
2. Terrorists alter the DNA in bacteria to create bioweapons and perpetrate mass genetic bioviolence on us all.
1. You make DNA and all things related to DNA your life.